edited July 16 in Elecrow HMI Display

Lesson 13 ESPHome not working with CrowPanel 7.0"

The example provided does not work: 7HMI.yaml

The screen flickers and nothing appears on the screen

Tagged:

Comments

• edited July 20

@Elecrow
    Could you tell me the correct settings to fix the problem with your Lesson 13 ESPHome example file?

• edited July 22

@lboue said:
    @Elecrow
    Could you tell me the correct settings to fix the problem with your Lesson 13 ESPHome example file?

We're sorry the ESP32 clock is too slow, the 7-inch HMI driver IC cannot recognize the RGB signal. So the 7-inch display doesn't support ESPHOME. To solve this problem, we change the LCD panel. But the new version of the CrowPanel 7-inch HMI has not yet entered production.

• @Elecrow
    How can it work properly with an Arduino example? The hardware is the same, though.

• If interact with Home Assistant via Arduino, we need to use the MQTT protocol. The relevant documentation will be released after verified.

• edited July 23

@Elecrow said:

@lboue said:
    @Elecrow

We're sorry the ESP32 clock is too slow, the 7-inch HMI driver IC cannot recognize the RGB signal. So the 7-inch display doesn't support ESPHOME. To solve this problem, we change the LCD panel. But the new version of the CrowPanel 7-inch HMI has not yet entered production.

I meant, how is it possible that the ESP32 clock is too slow for ESPHome and fast enough with an Arduino example. It's the same hardware.
    It works with openHASP .
    Also, integrated ESP32-S3 module, frequency up to 240MHz

• Hello. Could I have an answer please?

• The screen signal generated by esphome is not as stable as arduino. The screen will be black after a while. esp32 cannot generate the speed required by the driver IC. If we change to a new screen with other screen driver IC, it can display normally.

• edited July 25

@Elecrow said:

The screen signal generated by esphome is not as stable as arduino. The screen will be black after a while. esp32 cannot generate the speed required by the driver IC. If we change to a new screen with other screen driver IC, it can display normally.

What do you mean by esp32 cannot generate the speed required by the driver IC.? Are you talking about a ESP-IDF framework?
    If it's a software problem, it can be fixed by ESPHome team.

esp32:
      board: esp32-s3-devkitc-1
      framework:
        type: esp-idf

Did you check platformio_options for ESPHome
    PlatformIO supports a number of options in its platformio.ini file. With the platformio_options parameter you can tell ESPHome what options to pass into the env section of the PlatformIO file (note you can also do this by editing the platformio.ini file manually).

• Hi, has there been any further update on this matter (ESPHome and 7" display)?? I have just ordered one after having success with a 5" version.... Hope I'm not going to be disappointed???
    With reference to the "new screen"... is that something they are now shipping???
    Thanks for any guidance.