How to adjust the font size of the Scratch Desktop interface?
There are 3 major versions of the Scratch app, each uses a different method to adjust the font size as listed below:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T, a new Terminal window appears.
- At the command prompt, type
nano ~/.scratch.iniand press Enter.
- Add the line,
fontscale=1.3(Try experiment with different values as desired).
- Press Ctrl+X, Y to save the changes and exit the nano text editor.
- In the Scratch Desktop, hold-down Shift and click on the Globe icon.
- Click on set font size and choose your desired font size (ex. 13). Note: This set the font size of the Block Palette only.
Currently, there is no known method to adjust the font size. But there is a workaround available using Pixel Doubling, see How to enable Pixel Doubling? for details.