How to backup the system SD card?
It is alway a good practise to keep a backup of the system SD card in case anything happens; especially, if you are not too familiar with running the Raspberry Pi.
Before you begin, prepare the following items
- 32GB microSD card or larger capacity
- USB microSD card reader
Next, we will use the built-in SD Card Copier app to do the backup, following the steps below
- Insert the new microSD card into the USB card reader.
- Plug the card reader into one of the available USB ports on the CrowPi2.
- A Removable medium is inserted dialog box appears.
- Click Cancel to dismiss it.
- Click the Menu button located on the upper left hand corner.
- Navigate to Accessories and choose SD Card Copier.
- An SD Card Copier window appears.
- In the Copy From Device: list box, choose the first device /dev/mmcblk0
- In the Copy To Device: list box, choose the last device /dev/sdX shown if you have more than 1 USB storage device plugged in.
- Caution: Be sure to select the correct device, because the backup process will ERASE ALL DATA previously stored in the selected device.
- Tick the New Partition UUIDs check box.
- Click Start to begin the backup process.
- After the process has completed, click Close to close the app.