LGFX issues with ESP32 3.5" terminal demo code

I have just been getting started with the 3.5 terminal (no camera) trying to run the supplied demo code. I had success and got both the B-ScreenColour and LVGL-RGB- examples compiling and downloading.

But the next day, when I tried to continue customisation of the examples - I can't get anything to compile. I can't get past:

Compilation error: 'Bus_Parallel16' in namespace 'lgfx' does not name a type

from line 26:

lgfx::Bus_Parallel16 _bus_instance;

The only think I am aware of changing is an automatic library update that happened when I started the next day, but I must admit I did not look at what library was updating, I just said yes to all.

I have re-downloaded and updated everything I can think of, and can't see what has changed. But now all the demos that use the dispaly fail.

Any clues appreciated!

Comments

• Hello Barry, Have you ever tried to delete the original library and download it again?

• Same issue here with the 2.8" display. If I select the ESP32-WROOM-DA module as board, I get this error. If I compile for ESP32S3 Dev Module board no errors. It seems that in libraries/LovyanGFX/src/lgfx/v1/platforms/device.hpp it take the #else in the check of the CONFIG_IDF_TARGET_xxxx defines and in the #else here is no include of a Bus_Parallel16.hpp file.

Fresh install of Arduino IDE from yesterday.

Any hints ?

• Bus_Parallel16 is available in lovyanGFX for ESP32S3 only, not for the standard ESP32. So you have to select the correct board. ESP32S3 Dev module is the good starting point.

• I have a similar problem with: **CrowPanel 3.5"-HMI ESP32 Display 480x320 SPI TFT LCD **.
    I get the

Compilation error: 'Bus_Parallel16' in namespace 'lgfx' does not name a type

when I compile it with the E_SP32-WROMM DA_ . When I set it to ESP32S3 _ I get the _wong chip error because it is not a esp32s3.
    What can do?

• Hello @xiaojun ,
    For the CrowPanel 3.5"-HMI ESP32 Display 480x320 SPI TFT LCD, please use the TFT_eSPI library as the display drive. Please refer to: https://wiki.elecrow.com/index.php?title=ESP32_Display_3.5-inch_HMI_Arduino_Tutorial