CrowPi2 OS image (Debian 12 Bookworm)

The latest CrowPi2 system image (2022–12-14) available seems to still be on the Raspberry Pi OS Buster (Debian 10) based version.

The Buster version was succeeded by the Bullseye (Debian 11) version in October, 2021.

Now, the latest Raspberry Pi OS Bookworm (Debian 12) has been released in October, 2023. Will there be any chance to see the CrowPi2 system image (Buster based) update to the Bookworm based version?

Comments

• Hello, we have already arranged to update the version. The system image based on the Bookworm version is expected to be updated this month.

• This is great news! Looking forward to finally being able to run an up-to-date version on my CrowPi2.

I hope it will be available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

• Okay! It is now 2024. Can we get an update of when is the Bookworm version will be available?

• Hello @Pearl ,

Sorry for keeping you waiting. We have completed the firmware, but it still needs to be tested and verified. We will release it soon. Thank you for your patience.

• Is there a list of the CrowPi firmware so we can build our own custom SD?

Extract CrowPi2 bits included in current CrowPi OS and combine with the Latest Raspberry OS image?

• Good morning I wanted to ask if it is possible to install a raspberry pi 5 in crowpi2. Has the Bookworm (debian 12 image of crow pi2) been published yet? It would be a nice step forward... See you soon

• @Elecrow A month has passed since, please give us your current test result status. Thanks.

• I am in the same boat with the CrowPi, and here we will be going into the Chinese New Year....

• @Elecrow

What is your current testing status? Please advise...

• Hello @Pearl,

Because the current CrowPi2 hardware does not match the Raspberry Pi 5, and the bookworm version of the CrowPi2 system has serious lags when running on the Raspberry Pi 4b 8G, we have not made the bookworm version of the CrowPi2 system image public yet.

PS. The hardware modifications of CrowPi2 include modifications to the power circuit (because the current version uses a 12V2A power supply and cannot support the Raspberry Pi 5 that requires 5.1V5A), and modifications to the shell structure (the main chip position on Pi5 is different, resulting in the current version of the fan being unable to dissipate heat for the PI5 ), and there are other small modifications...