Raspberry Pi-5

I own a CrowPiL. Can the new RaspBerry Pi-5 be plugged into it to replace the Pi4?

Comments

• I don't think so. The Pi 5 has a different connector layout from the Pi 4. There might also be cooling issues, since the Pi 5 runs hotter.

• I regret to say that CrowPi L is not compatible with Raspberry Pi 5. First of all, the USB port and Ethernet interface layout of 4 and 5 are different. In addition, there are different power supply requirements, etc.

• Can my CrowPi 2 be compatible with Raspberry Pi 5th generation?

• @treo Hi, From a mechanical perspective, Raspberry Pi 5 can be plugged into CrowPi2. However, there is no definite conclusion regarding software compatibility at the moment. As long as I get the conclusion, I will let you know. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

• Note to the "hackit" types out there... If you don't mind cutting/removing plastic, adding usb wires and tape, telling the OS ignore power limits, and generally making a mess of things, it IS possible to cram a Pi5 into a CrowPi-L. I've done it, and I'm now getting ready to try to stuff a pcie drive in there. It's getting a little cramped... :wink:

If anyone's seriously interested, I can post some instructions.

On the other hand, I'd gladly shell out for a new CrowPi-L if they came out with a Pi5 version!