Problem about ELECROW RC070S touchscreen

I’m using the ELECROW RC070S with a Raspberry Pi 4, running raspbian OS.  The screen displays beautifully via an HDMI connection.  I can’t get the touchscreen to work, though.

- I’m powering the screen via the micro-USB to USB plugged in to my raspberry pi

- I’ve connected a cable from screen’s “touch” micro-USB port to my raspberry pi’s USB port

- I have HDMI connected from screen to raspberry pi

In /boot/config.txt I tried adding “dtoverlay=ads7846,penirq=22” but that didn’t make touchscreen work.

My guess is I might be missing a kernel module/driver for the touch interface, but I’m unsure.

Can you help?

Comments

• I have just followed the steps step by step and the touch function is intact. Before you start, could you please perform the steps to confirm that?

• 1. Make sure you have connected the USB cable(supports data transfer) to the screen’s Touch port

• 2. Try to reconnect the touch cable and restart your device

• 3. Make sure your system has the touch function

It is recommended that you reinstall your system and then do the following at the Terminal:

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

Add the following to the end of the file, save it, and exit.

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
    max_usb_current=1
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    config_hdmi_boost=7
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_drive=2
    display_rotate=0                        
    hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0

• Finally, I found the answer to my unresponsive screen!

It never occurred to me that the usb cable I was using did not support data transfer. It is a micro-usb to usb-a cable, so it seemed to be the one to use with the Raspberry pi...but nay nay.

I used a usb-micro to usb-a adapter connected to a usb-a 3.1 cable and it works now.