ESP32 5" Display Blackout When Loading UI for Multiple Screens

Issue Description:

I'm encountering a problem with an ESP32 connected to a 5" display. The display blacks out when attempting to load UI data for multiple screens.

Behavior:

• The display works with minimal data or a single screen.
  • When I introduce a second screen, everything continues to function normally.
  • However, adding a third or fourth screen results in the ESP32 display blacking out.

Potential Causes I've Explored:

1. Memory Constraints: I suspect the ESP32 might be running out of memory when loading UI data for multiple screens.
  2. Rendering Overload: Rendering UI for numerous screens might be overwhelming the display update process.
  3. Library or Compatibility Issues: There might be issues with library compatibility or limitations with the display driver and ESP32 interaction.

Troubleshooting Attempts:

• I've tried optimizing the UI to reduce memory usage.
  • Ensured code efficiency and memory management.
  • Checked the power supply for stability.

Additional Details:

• Display: 5" connected to an ESP32.
  • Code: Utilizing [mention libraries/versions] for UI development.

Request:

I'm seeking advice on how to handle UI data for multiple screens on an ESP32 without experiencing display blackouts. Any insights or suggestions for optimizing memory usage or handling rendering for multiple screens would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hello James, did you delete the previous screen when switching to the next screen? If not, it will cause the screen to crash. This link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWvxw61U_w talks about how to switch screens. Please watch from 3 minutes and 10 seconds. You can add an event to the key event to delete the previous screen.

• yes , its working , Thank you