Slow screen update

I have purchased both 5" and a 7" elecroc hmi display. I have played around with Squareline Studio using LVGL and doing it in the arduino IDE. All seems up and running, and I have even made it communicate values over UART back and forth to either a PC or whatever controller one choosees to use.
That makes it even more usefull because you can add a large number of externals to the displays.

What I am curious about is. I experience a somewhat slow update on the screens. Even with the preinstalled examples, the screen updates are not that fast. When I make a screen change by a wipe animation og similar, I experience the screen change is stuttering. I also se it when doing animation transforms in a Bar for instance. Given a fast CPU as the esp32 I would expect a very fast screen update.

I have set up the board as ESP32S3 Dev module, with Partition Scheme "Huge APP (3MB No OTA....) and PSRAM as "OPI PSRAM" as suggested in the setup guide.

I have searched the forum without any luck for my problem. And since I haven't found any other talking about the issue, I guess it is just me having this issue. I would like to ask this question:

Why is the screen stuttering? Is there something to do about it? :-)

Comments

• Hello @NeumannNBI ,
    In the code, we have adjusted the cache refresh to the best, using two buffers buf1 and buf2, each of which is 1/8 of the screen size. The official documentation explains that 1/10 is the optimal speed, and increasing it will not significantly improve the speed.

The only thing that can be modified is in the lv_conf.h file. I changed the refresh interval to 15. The default value is 30. You can change it to 10 to see if it improves.

• edited July 15

Thanks for your suggestions. It showed me that Squareline Studio only generates 1 buffer.
    But even if I change that to 2 buffers, it doesn't change anything.
    Even if I change the refresh rate to 10ms in lv_conf.h the stuttering persists.