7" ESP32 display issue

I have tried to upload demo programme ESP32_Display_Squareline_Demo arduino sketch from the ESP32-Master-Display download.

I have tried commenting out and leaving commented to see if this had an issue as below.

#define USE_UI  //if you want to use the ui export from Squareline, please do not annotate this line.

I followed all youtube and online info but cannot follow full instruction as I cannot select ESP32 2.0.3 so not sure if this is the issue or whether it is setting in the UI directory, etc

I cannot get anything to display correctly and capture the following in the serial port.\

ESP-ROM:esp32s3-20210327

Build:Mar 27 2021

rst:0x1 (POWE⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮[1]⸮m

)⸮⸮LVGL Widgets Demo

E (369) gpio: gpio_set_level(226): GPIO output gpio_num error

E (370) gpio: gpio_set_level(226): GPIO output gpio_num error

E (380) gpio: gpio_set_level(226): GPIO output gpio_num error

E (434) gpio: gpio_set_level(226): GPIO output gpio_num error

E (503) gpio: gpio_set_level(226): GPIO output gpio_num error

Setup done

Obviously error in io but I cannot understand what I am doing wrong.

any advice?

Comments

• Hello @angusisthedevil ,

In most cases, this screen needs to install version 2.0.3 of the esp32 package to run properly. I have reported your inability to install version 2.0.3 to the software engineers. They are working hard to find the differences between different versions and make our screen work with other versions of the esp32 package. I'll let you know if there are any new developments.

• Hello @angusisthedevil ,

When using the GT911 touch screen to initialize the configuration, the TOUCH_GT911_INT and TOUCH_GT911_RST pins need to be mounted on IO ports not used by the current program. Otherwise, pin conflict errors will occur. They cannot be assigned a value of -1 to disable, and a GPIO pin floating error will occur. In the GT911 library, there are operations to call TOUCH_GT911_INT and TOUCH_GT911_RST, so values must be assigned, and values cannot be assigned to used pins. The mounting of this pin can be flexibly adjusted according to the program without affecting the operation of the program.

under this document

Modify the TOUCH_GT911_INT and TOUCH_GT911_RST pins in the touch.h file of esp32-display-master\7.0\3, arduino\7.0-inch_Squareline_Demo\ESP32_Display_Squareline_Demo to No. 3 and 4, and the program can run normally